Friday, September 18, 2009

The Journey of a Circle Journal



 WARNING
CIRCLE JOURNAL SPOILER


I posted pics of my Circle Journal that has not been sent out yet! If you do not want to spoil the surprise of my gloriously fantabulous Circle Journal, do not peek or go any further!!!!

 .
.
.

Are you sure you want to do this?

.
.
.
.
 

 Okaaaay.... Don't say that I didn't warn you...

 .
.
.
.
.
.




This will be the first time I've participated in a Circle Journal.


I was so excited when I signed up that I couldn't sleep for the bazillions of ideas dancing around in my head. I ended up writing down several pages of fabulous ideas.

I set those ideas aside, because I couldn't settle on just one and decided to focus on the journal's appearance instead. I just let the creative mojo take over and this is what I came up with... 



I put the journal together with a Christmas theme bouncing around in my head. I kept envisioning scenes from the movie A Smoky Mountain Christmas. You know, the one with Dolly Parton and Lee Majors...







I spun the idea...

You're stranded in a secluded cabin in the mountains and it's almost Christmas. You only have what the cabin and your surroundings will provide - the food in the cabinets, fridge, and freezer and your rustic and natural great outdoors. There isn't a WalMart within a hundred miles of you, no attic nor a basement with an artificial tree and boxes of Christmas decorations. You have to be creative and do the best with what the cabin and your surroundings provide.





Sounds pretty good, huh. Just one little problem... I'm stuck!
I have the cover of the journal and the outline but no middle. I'm having a hard time executing this idea on to pages in this journal. Sigh....

So, I start thinking again...



Hmmmm.... What if I give the journalers their choice of seasons or holidays as long as they use the same rustic, natural, and only what the cabin and its surroundings will provide guidelines... Hmmmm....

Staci girl, I think you're on to something.

So, this is where I'm at. I still don't have a middle but I think the journal looks damn good in my new cabinet!




I'm loving the look of it in the cabinet. I *heart* my new cabinet. 
Now my head is spinning, wondering if I should change the theme of the journal again... Hmmmm.... How about Heritage Recipes....

Will this madness ever end!?!?!? The journal was due to be sent out in August!!!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Mardell said...

You're so funny AND clever. I do the same thing w/ideas swirling around in my head. It keeps me awake @ 2 in the morning. Love your ideas so far. Wowzers!